Navigation Menu

Wartsila’s User Group Forums General 2018 Users Conference

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Cryer 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1811

    TArnett
    Keymaster

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Greetings to All!!

     

     

     

    Hard to think we’re already planning another Wartsila Users Conference—the last one in Denver seems like it was just yesterday. We hope everyone enjoyed the conference as much as we did, and the 2018 Conference aims to be even better, with much more involvement by Wartsila!!!!!

     

    The 2018 Wartsila Users Conference will be held at the Holiday Inn San Antonio-Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX, beginning November 5th and going through the 8th. For those that attended the conference last time it was in San Antonio, you can remember what a great venue that was!! Here is the link (Wartsila Users Group 2018 Conference) to book a room and please when booking use the particulars associated with the conference to ensure you get the best rate and that we use the rooms that are block-booked.

     

    We’ve decided to hold off on MTR managing the Users Group, as was discussed in 2017, so we will, for now, be handling the conference and the overall users group similarly to last year. The fee for the conference is $450; the vendor fee is $1500 and registration for the conference will be through the Wartsila Users Group Web Page (  http://wartsilausersgroup.com/ ). Please be patient-we are working on getting the 2018 conference particulars entered, as well as begin working on the agenda and associated events. These should start becoming available by the end of the week.

     

    In the meantime, we are asking everyone to contact and encourage vendors you know to sign up for the conference. We also want your feedback on any suggestions you have that will make the conference even better. But most importantly, we want to be sure YOU are at the conference-would not be the same without you! Looking forward to a great time in San Antonio!!!!

     

     

     

    Sincerely,

     

    Tommy Arnett, Chairman

     

    Wartsila Users Group

     

    #1877

    TArnett
    Keymaster

    Hello Users. The 2018 conference page is up and running. The link is there as well for hotel reservation. I would encourage all the members of this group to plan to participate by coming to the conference. And as well to encourage vendors to come to the vendor fair on the first evening. The sad truth is unless we start getting more members to come to the conference and more vendors in the vendor fair this might be the last year for The Users Group. Thanks in advance for participating and recruiting vendors. I will post the agenda as soon as I have it available. It should even better than last years conference with more involvement a some quest speakers.

    Tommy

    #1921

    TArnett
    Keymaster

    Good afternoon Users. Wartsila is still looking for specific topics you want them to discuss at the conference. Please email me or post here if you have any. Also. Please make sure you tell the hotel that you are part of the group when making your reservation. There seems to be a problem with their link. If you do not see a group number come up when you check the availability stop there and call them directly ( 210- 272-1525)to ensure you get the discount. And if you would please check your reservation to make sure they have you in our block. I will post the meeting agenda tomorrow. Thanks.

    #1922

    Ruben
    Participant

    Engine Type: <span style=”background-color: #f4f2f1; color: #444444; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; white-space: nowrap;”>Wärtsilä 18V50SG</span>

    Plant: STEC Red Gate.

    Good Afternoon, regarding to the specific topics if we can get an update in the following issues:

    1- Cylinder Pressure Sensors.

    2-Wastegate Valves: Status of the Servomotor type, performance etc, instead of the Pneumatic Actuator, Insulation Panels.

     

    Ruben Tellez

    Maintenance Supervisor.

     

    #1923

    Swanborg
    Participant

    Typically when I attend users groups the OEM goes over any TIL’s that they may have issued and talks about maintenance issues they are seeing on there fleet of units.  they will then go over any upgrades or improvements that are available on the units.  And If time allows they will also go into inspections and/or maintenance that you should be preforming on your units.

     

    #1925

    TArnett
    Keymaster

     

    Below is the agenda for the 2018 conference. Please consider attending the conference. We really need a good showing this year or the group may not be able to continue on. As well the block of rooms at the hotel is getting very close to closing out. After that you will not get the discounted rate.

    2018 Wartsila Users Conference Agenda
     
    Monday, November 5, 2018
     
    1800 to 2100 Registration and Vendor Fair Reception in the Skyline Atrium
     
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018
    (All meetings will be held in the Tango 4 Room with breaks in the hallway.)
     
    08:00 to 09:00 Breakfast in the Skyline Atrium
    09:00 to 10:00 Group meeting (Closed session)
    10:00 to 10:30 Wartsila introductions and questions for the panel discussion
    10:30 to 12:30 OEM parts discussion and bulletin review
    12 30 to 13:30 Lunch in the Skyline Atrium
    13:30 to 14:30 New market technology / Wartsila news / Energy market update
    14:30 to 14:45 Break
    14:45 to 15:45 Wartsila North America spare parts inventory
    15:45 to 17:45 Wartsila open panel discussion
       
    18:30 to 20:30 Tour the Texas Ranger Musuem and dinner at the Buckhorn Saloon
     
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018
     
    08:00 to 09:00 Breakfast in the Skyline Atrium
    09:00 to 11:00 Group discussion on previous days agenda (Closed session)
    11:00 to 12:00 David Bonner Miratech SCR performance training
    12:30 to 13:30 Lunch in the Skyline Atrium
    13 30 to 15:00 Vendor presentations
    15:00 to 17:30 Basler AVR technical introdution and user training conducted by Governer Control Systems Application Engineers. Users will receive hands-on training of DECS 150 and 250.
     
    18:30 to 21:30 Riverwalk boat ride and dinner hosted by Governer Control Systems
     
    Thursday, November 8, 2018
     
    08:00 to 09:00 Breakfast in the Skyline Atrium
    09:00 to 10:00 Group discussion on previous days agenda (Closed session)
    10:00 to 12:00 Discussion of the Users Group future
    12:00 Meeting adjourned; lunch on your own
       

     

     

     

    #1926

    TArnett
    Keymaster
    2018 Wartsila Users Conference Agenda
     
    Monday, November 5, 2018
     
    1800 to 2100 Registration and Vendor Fair Reception in the Skyline Atrium
     
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018
    (All meetings will be held in the Tango 4 Room with breaks in the hallway.)
     
    08:00 to 09:00 Breakfast in the Skyline Atrium
    09:00 to 10:00 Group meeting (Closed session)
    10:00 to 10:30 Wartsila introductions and questions for the panel discussion
    10:30 to 12:30 OEM parts discussion and bulletin review
    12 30 to 13:30 Lunch in the Skyline Atrium
    13:30 to 14:30 New market technology / Wartsila news / Energy market update
    14:30 to 14:45 Break
    14:45 to 15:45 Wartsila North America spare parts inventory
    15:45 to 17:45 Wartsila open panel discussion
       
    18:30 to 20:30 Tour the Texas Ranger Musuem and dinner at the Buckhorn Saloon
     
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018
     
    08:00 to 09:00 Breakfast in the Skyline Atrium
    09:00 to 11:00 Group discussion on previous days agenda (Closed session)
    11:00 to 12:00 David Bonner Miratech SCR performance training
    12:30 to 13:30 Lunch in the Skyline Atrium
    13 30 to 15:00 Vendor presentations
    15:00 to 17:30 Basler AVR technical introdution and user training conducted by Governer Control Systems Application Engineers. Users will receive hands-on training of DECS 150 and 250.
     
    18:30 to 21:30 Riverwalk boat ride and dinner hosted by Governer Control Systems
     
    Thursday, November 8, 2018
     
    08:00 to 09:00 Breakfast in the Skyline Atrium
    09:00 to 10:00 Group discussion on previous days agenda (Closed session)
    10:00 to 12:00 Discussion of the Users Group future
    12:00 Meeting adjourned; lunch on your own
       

     

    #1927

    TArnett
    Keymaster

    Well this is not posting well. I did send out an email. I will try and repost to the forum tomorrow. Thanks.

    #1931

    jkaiser
    Keymaster
    #1932

    Rob Cryer
    Participant

    Group,

    Per our morning discussion …

    I will send a link to an electronic version of the single-fold brochure that I handed out on Thursday AM (8 Nov), and will also send a link for MPR’s 50th Anniversary brochure that provides a company overview.

    (password for both links is WUG#password123)

    https://share.mpr.com/s/fxaFd75OP4TgHKo

    https://share.mpr.com/s/skRn2CHw1NABpHQ

    Please (1-2 of you) let me know if these come through.  If they do, I will follow-up with another set of links with (1) a version of the Charter (draft example) and (2) Value Proposition (from last year’s presentation).  These are initial documents for your review and/or discussion with your leadership.

    As noted this morning, I will also work (in the weeks ahead) to provide a task authorization letter (or proposal) for your review, based upon the group discussion this morning.

    thx/rgds,

    Rob Cryer

    rcryer@mpr.com

     

    #1937

    Rob Cryer
    Participant

    <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Group,</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>During our last morning in San Antonio (2018 WUG Conference), Tommy and other participants raised the topic about the WUG’s future.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>I believe your future is very bright.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>I had three actions: (#1) upload example charter, (#2) upload value presentation, and (#3) update a proposal for MPR to (potentially) serve as independent project manager.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>As discussed during that session, the WUG would be best served if it established a “charter” allowing member-governance.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>I took the action (#1) to upload an example, which has been attached via the first link.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>This is a version of a baseline charter from last year, which actually included a couple of changes (Draft-B) suggested by group participants after the 2017 WUG Conference.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>It can and/or should be further refined by the group.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>Going forward, such a document will allow and promote structure and control for the group (WUG), by the group (member stations). <span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>In fact, every year it would make sense to have a final agenda item be to review the charter and vote on any necessary revisions or updates to the WUG governance and/or roles & responsibilities.</p>
    https://share.mpr.com/s/cgjHeopGlF1jfE4
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Another action (#2) that I took was to upload the MPR-value presentation from last year.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>Whether self-governed or facilitated by an independent project manager, the WUG can/should (via guidance of its own charter) select future support of their own choosing.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>I am only attaching (via second link) this previous presentation since I said I would, and since a number of participants (existing and new) had not yet seen its contents.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>MPR would, however, be honored to serve as an independent project manager (PM); and, regardless of whether the WUG wants to move in that direction, I am quite happy to (#3) update a proposal for MPR to potentially serve as PM.</p>
    https://share.mpr.com/s/iT2GjufttQ0ohmv
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>I believe Dale Coyle and maybe Brad Bergman offered to consult, guide, and compare notes with the current Chairman, Tommy Arnett, as somewhat of an interim steering committee to help navigate transition of the WUG to its preferred future state.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Please let me know if you have any trouble with the links, or have questions or comments.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Rgds,</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Rob Cryer</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>MPR Associates, Inc. <span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span><span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span></p>

    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Rob Cryer.
    #1939

    Rob Cryer
    Participant

    Group,

    (Please excuse the prior post.  I will try to post again below)

    During our last morning in San Antonio (2018 WUG Conference), Tommy and other participants raised the topic about the WUG’s future.  I believe your future is very bright.

    I had three actions: (#1) upload example charter, (#2) upload value presentation, and (#3) update a proposal for MPR to (potentially) serve as independent project manager.

    As discussed during that session, the WUG would be best served if it established a “charter” allowing member-governance.  I took the action (#1) to upload an example, which has been attached via the first link.  This is a version of a baseline charter from last year, which actually included a couple of changes (Draft-B) suggested by group participants after the 2017 WUG Conference.  It can and/or should be further refined by the group.  Going forward, such a document will allow and promote structure and control for the group (WUG), by the group (member stations).  In fact, every year it would make sense to have a final agenda item be to review the charter and vote on any necessary revisions or updates to the WUG governance and/or roles & responsibilities.

    Note:  The password for both links is WUG#password123

    https://share.mpr.com/s/cgjHeopGlF1jfE4

    Another action (#2) that I took was to upload the MPR-value presentation from last year.  Whether self-governed or facilitated by an independent project manager, the WUG can/should (via guidance of its own charter) select future support of their own choosing.  I am only attaching (via second link) this previous presentation since I said I would, and since a number of participants (existing and new) had not yet seen its contents.  MPR would, however, be honored to serve as an independent project manager (PM); and, regardless of whether the WUG wants to move in that direction, I am quite happy to (#3) update a proposal for MPR to potentially serve as PM.

    https://share.mpr.com/s/iT2GjufttQ0ohmv

    I believe Dale Coyle and maybe Brad Bergman offered to consult, guide, and compare notes with the current Chairman, Tommy Arnett, as somewhat of an interim steering committee to help navigate transition of the WUG to its preferred future state.

    Please let me know if you have any trouble with the links, or have questions or comments.

    regards,

    Rob Cryer

    MPR Associates, Inc.

    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Rob Cryer.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.